Banana Cavendish (1kg per hand)
Why do we use this product?
- Cavendish is the most widely grown and traded banana in the world, following in the footsteps of the old Latin American variety Gros Michel due to their supposed physical similarity. The Cavendish as we know it tends to be of a similar overall shape as Lakatan, but bigger, with a less saturated-yellow hue on its flesh and skin (which develops freckle-like spots, as it ripens, and has a less-flavorful inner lining). It’s the “cleanest”-looking when at the proper ripeness, but is generally blander than all other varieties. Cavendish does, however, get sufficiently sweet to be pleasant to eat once ripe and spotty on the outside. Its relatively lighter, fluffier texture makes for a less toothsome bite, but makes it great for freezing as the lightness means it is easier to blend and easier to melt in the mouth unlike other varieties that can feel too dense when frozen.
- Bananas are extremely healthy and delicious. They contain several essential nutrients and provide benefits for digestion, heart health and weight loss. Aside from being very nutritious, they are also a highly convenient snack food.
- Bananas are rich in fiber, antioxidants and several nutrients. A medium-sized banana has about 105 calories.
- Bananas can help moderate blood sugar levels after meals and may reduce appetite by slowing stomach emptying.
- Bananas are fairly rich in fiber and resistant starch, which may feed your friendly gut bacteria.
- Bananas may aid weight loss because they’re low in calories and high in nutrients and fiber.
- Bananas are a good dietary source of potassium and magnesium — two nutrients that are essential for heart health.
- Bananas are high in several antioxidants, which may help reduce damage from free radicals and lower your risk of some diseases.
- Depending on ripeness, bananas harbor high amounts of resistant starch or pectin. Both may reduce appetite and help keep you full.
- Eating a banana several times a week may reduce your risk of kidney disease by up to 50%.
- Bananas may help relieve muscle cramps caused by exercise. They also provide excellent fuel for endurance exercise.
- Bananas make an excellent snack food, dessert or breakfast. Their versatility makes them easy to add to your diet.
How do we use this product?
Cavendish bananas are most commonly eaten fresh, though they may be fried or mashed and chilled in pies or puddings. They may also be used to flavor muffins, cakes, or breads.
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 1kg per hand
*** To ensure freshness, delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck.
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.