Beets Sugar Red (250grams)
Why do we use this product?
- Beetroots, commonly known as beets, are a popular root vegetable used in many cuisines around the world.
- Beets are loaded with vitamins and minerals and low in calories and fat. They also contain inorganic nitrates and pigments, both of which have a number of health benefits.
- Beets contain a high concentration of nitrates, which have a blood pressure-lowering effect. This may lead to a reduced risk of heart attacks, heart failure and stroke.
- Eating beets may enhance athletic performance by improving oxygen use and time to exhaustion. To maximize their effects, beets should be consumed 2–3 hours prior to training or competing.
- Beets are a good source of fiber, which is beneficial for digestive health, as well as reducing the risk of a number of chronic health conditions.
- Beets contain nitrates, which may help increase blood flow to the brain and improve cognitive function.
- Beets have a high water and low calorie content. Both of these properties are beneficial for weight loss.
How do we use this product?
Beets can be juiced, roasted, steamed or pickled. Also, they can be bought precooked and canned for convenience. Choose beets that are heavy for their size with fresh, unwilted green leafy tops still attached. Dietary nitrates are water soluble, so it is best to avoid boiling beets to maximize their nitrate content.
Here are some delicious and interesting ways to add more beets to your diet:
- Beetroot salad: Grated beets make a flavorful and colorful addition to coleslaw.
- Beetroot dip: Beets blended with Greek yogurt make a delicious and healthy dip.
- Beetroot juice: Fresh beetroot juice is best, as store-bought juice can be high in added sugars and may only contain a small amount of beets.
- Beetroot leaves: Beet leaves can be cooked and enjoyed like spinach, so don't throw them out.
Beets Sugar Red
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 250g
*** To ensure freshness delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.