Why do we use this product?
- A garnish and a decorative vegetable, the possibilities with celery are endless. Both its leaves and stalks are edible and filled with nutrients that lower inflammation and cholesterol. In addition, celery helps prevent ulcers and protects the liver from disease.
- Celery contains vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids, but there are at least 12 additional kinds of antioxidant nutrients found in a single stalk. It’s also a wonderful source of phytonutrients, which have been shown to reduce instances of inflammation in the digestive tract, cells, blood vessels, and organs.
- Chronic inflammation has been linked to many illnesses, including arthritis and osteoporosis. Celery and celery seeds have approximately 25 anti-inflammatory compounds that can offer protection against inflammation in the body.
- Celery supports digestion. Pectin-based polysaccharides in celery, including a compound known as apiuman, have been shown to decrease instances of stomach ulcers, improve the lining of the stomach, and modulate stomach secretions. And then there’s the high water content of celery — almost 95% — plus generous amounts of soluble and insoluble fiber. All of those support a healthy digestive tract and keep you regular. One cup of celery sticks has 5 grams of dietary fiber.
- Celery is rich in vitamins and minerals with a low glycemic index.
- Celery has an alkalizing effect. With minerals like magnesium, iron, and sodium, celery can have a neutralizing effect on acidic foods — not to mention the fact that these minerals are necessary for essential bodily functions.
How do we use this product?
Celery has a mild, watery flavor that blends well with most things. Experiment with your favorite soups, dips, sauces, and butters, and see what keeps you coming back for more. Feel free to add it raw to any salad. Celery adds a unique flavor and texture to mixed-vegetable stir-fries, and it goes well with many rice- and pasta-based Asian and Mediterranean dishes.
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 250g
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.
Other Search Terms - Potato Salad, Pancit Palabok