Hineleban Specialty Arabica Coffee - Ground (500g)
Why do we use this product?
- Made from the finest hand-picked ripe red coffee cherries growing on misty cool Mount Kitanglad in Bukidnon
- Has a fruit-like nutty undertone, bitter cocoa, finishing with caramel after taste
- Hineleban Coffee has now been regarded as the country’s finest brewed coffee being graded the best Arabica in the Philippines and cupped as “Very very specialty coffee” by internationally renowned green bean coffee trader and roaster, Level Ground Canada, with an outstanding cupping score of 8.75/10.
- For every 500-gram bag of Hineleban Coffee you purchase, Hineleban Foundation plants one forest tree at the foothills of Mt. Kitanglad in Bukidnon.
How do we use this product?
- If using whole beans, grind the beans to a uniform consistency similar to regular table salt. Transfer the grounds into a filter-lined filter basket, then place it in the drip machine. Swivel the water spout over the center of the grounds.
- Pour clean water into the back of the machine (not over the grounds) and press the on button.
- Turn off the machine as soon as the coffee is done brewing (it will stop bubbling) to avoid a burnt taste. Be sure to clean your machine once a month by filtering through a mixture of water and vinegar, which removes any built-up residue.
- First, bring cold water to a boil in a kettle.
- If using whole beans, grind the beans to a uniform consistency similar to granulated table salt.
- Meanwhile, put a filter in the brewer and rinse with hot water. This removes the papery residue on the filter and warms up the brewer, keeping your coffee hot for longer. Discard the water used for rinsing.
- Add the grounds to the filter, making sure the surface is level. When the water is between 195°F and 205°F (about a minute after removal from the heat), slowly and steadily pour just enough water over the grounds to saturate them completely, starting from the middle and working your way outward. Stop pouring before the coffee begins to drip through. This is called the "bloom" pour, which allows the coffee to de-gas.
- Slowly pour in the remaining water, keeping the water in the dripper between half and three-quarters full. This should take 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully remove the filter, then serve and enjoy.
Arabica coffee beans
Size - 500g
Please note that expiry is January 2021