Why do we use this product?
- Fresh lanzones fruit carries 57 calories per 100 g of edible portion. It has no saturated fats or cholesterol but composes of good amounts of dietary fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Fresh arils contain only a fewer polyphenols antioxidants. However, its skin and seeds contain abundant polyphenols. Quantitative analysis showed that lanzone peel had the highest total flavonoids (213.45 mg quercetin/g dried material) among tropical fruits.
- The fruit is very juicy and refreshing. Its simple sugars, fructose and sucrose, boosts energy and help revitalize through electrolytes, minerals and vitamins.
- Its fresh arils hold small amounts of vitamin-C (just 2 mg/100 g).
- It carries good amounts of dietary fiber, 0.8 g per 100 g. Good fiber diet help control cholesterol levels and body weight.
- Fresh fruits are very good source of B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and folates. These vitamins are essential since they function by acting as co-factors to help the body metabolize carbohydrates, protein, and fats.
- Further, it also carries small amounts of minerals like calcium (19 mg), phosphorus (31 mg) and iron (0.9 mg). Being a juicy tropical fruit, it holds good amounts of potassium, an important component of cell and body fluids help control heart rate and blood pressure; thus, it offers protection against high blood pressure and stroke.
How do we use this product?
Ripe lanzones are eaten raw out of hand. Its sections go well in fruit salads with other complementing tropical fruits like lychee, rambutan, snake fruit, etc. It can be juiced and used as a refreshing summer drink. It can also can be used in jellies, jams, sorbet, sauces, candied, and syrups.
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 500g
*** To ensure freshness delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.