Papaya Red Lady (1.75kg per piece)
Why do we use this product?
- Red Lady Papaya fruit typically weighs four to six pounds, and it has excellent flavor, aroma, and texture.
- Papayas are some of the most delicious and nutritious fruits you can find anywhere. Green papaya is loaded with vitamins, nutrients, and amino acids. Whether it’s eaten on its own or paired with salad, green papayas stimulate digestion, eases constipation, and ease nausea.
- The papaya is a tropical fruit high in vitamins C and A, as well as fiber and healthy plant compounds. It also contains an enzyme called papain, used to tenderize meat.
- Papaya has powerful antioxidant effects, which may reduce oxidative stress and lower your risk of several diseases.
- Early research suggests that the antioxidants in papaya may reduce cancer risk and perhaps even slow cancer progression.
- Papaya’s high vitamin C and lycopene content can improve heart health and may reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Chronic inflammation is at the root of many diseases. Papayas are very high in carotenoids that can reduce inflammation.
- Papaya has been shown to improve constipation and other symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. The seeds and other parts of the plant have also been used to treat ulcers.
- The powerful antioxidants in papaya can help your skin recover from sun damage and may defend against wrinkling.
How do we use this product?
Its flavor is best when cold, so it’s a good idea to keep it refrigerated whenever possible. After washing it well, you can cut it in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, and eat it out of the rind with a spoon, like cantaloupe or melon.
As it’s incredibly versatile, it can also be combined with other foods that complement its flavor.
Here are a few easy recipe ideas using one small papaya:
- Breakfast: Cut it in half and fill each half with Greek yogurt, then top with a few blueberries and chopped nuts.
- Appetizer: Cut it into strips and wrap a slice of ham or prosciutto around each strip.
- Salsa: Chop papaya, tomatoes, onions and cilantro, then add lime juice and mix well.
- Smoothie: Combine the diced fruit with coconut milk and ice in a blender, then blend until smooth.
- Salad: Chop papaya and avocado into cubes, add diced cooked chicken and dress with olive oil and vinegar.
- Dessert: Combine the chopped fruit with 2 tablespoons (28 grams) of chia seeds, 1 cup (240 ml) of almond milk and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix well and refrigerate before eating
Papaya Red Lady
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 1.75kg per piece
*** To ensure freshness, delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.