Why do we use this product?
- Patola (Ridge gourd) is commonly eaten when cooked with other vegetables or alone with shrimp and pork. Young fruits of sweet cultivars maybe eaten raw like cucumbers and small fruits are sometimes pickled. Mature fruits of patola can be dried and used as bath and dishes sponge. This is also used in the manufacture of potholders, table mats, door and bath mats, sandals and gloves.
- Ridge gourd is very rich in Vitamin C which is a great antioxidant. These antioxidants help your body to be stronger in fighting the effects of free radicals.
- Another health benefit of ridge gourd is preventing diabetes. Manganese is an essential factor in producing digestive enzymes which are useful for the process of gluconeogenesis. Research suggests that manganese can help in promoting insulin secretion and improving mitochondrial function.
- Ridge gourd contains lots of vitamin A which is good for the eyes. Vitamin A is the most essential vitamin that is needed by the eye to stay healthy and for sharper vision.
- Rich in Vitamin C that can help in reducing wrinkles, dry skin, and preventing premature aging.
- Ridge gourd or patola is a great source of vitamin B6. This vitamin is important for producing hemoglobin in the blood which helps in mobilizing iron and carrying oxygen to all cells in the body.
- Ridge gourd is very rich in fibers, vitamins, minerals, and low in fat and calories. Therefore, it is one of the best solutions for losing weight.
How do we use this product?
Patola is great for miswa or soup. Use also to make gising gising or add with other vegetables for a quick stir-fry.
Patola (Ridge Gourd)
Size - 350g
*** To ensure freshness delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck
*** Minimum order for fruits and vegetables is 1300php.
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.