Pechay Native (250grams)
Why do we use this product?
- A very close relative to kale, the mighty pechay (Chinese Cabbage) is a highly overlooked, yet widely used vegetable. Its use was popularized during the Ming Dynasty, when herbalists began using pechay for medicinal purposes. Pechay is strong in essential vitamins and minerals,
- Cabbage is a low-calorie vegetable that is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Cabbage contains powerful antioxidants that may help reduce inflammation.
- Your body needs vitamin C for many important functions, and it is a potent antioxidant. Red cabbage is particularly high in this nutrient, providing about 85% of the RDI per cup (89 grams).
- Cabbage contains insoluble fiber, which keeps the digestive system healthy by providing fuel for friendly bacteria and promoting regular bowel movements.
- Cabbage contains powerful pigments called anthocyanins, which have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Potassium helps keep blood pressure within a healthy range. Increasing your intake of potassium-rich foods like cabbage may help lower high blood pressure levels.
- Cabbage is a good source of soluble fiber and plant sterols. These substances have been shown to reduce LDL cholesterol.
- Vitamin K is critical for blood clotting. Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin K1, with 85% of the RDI in 1 cup (89 grams).
How do we use this product?
Pechay is a versatile veggie that’s easy to incorporate into your diet. You can use it to make many different dishes, including salads, stews, soups, and slaws.
Size - 250g
*** To ensure freshness, delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck.
*** Minimum order for fruits and vegetables is Php 1,300.
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.