Why do we use this product?
- The mighty potato is arguably the world’s most celebrated root vegetable. From the dining table to the movie theater, and even the science lab, the possibilities of the potato are endless! It can treat constipation and stimulate bowel movement, reduce inflammation and even stimulate the kidneys.
- Potatoes are packed with vitamins and minerals, though the variety and preparation method can affect the nutritional content.
- Potatoes contain resistant starch, which may help reduce insulin resistance. In turn, this can help improve blood sugar control.
- Resistant starch in potatoes is a source of nutrition for beneficial gut bacteria. They convert it to the short-chain fatty acid butyrate, which has been linked to reduced inflammation in the colon, improved colon defenses and a lower risk of colorectal cancer.
- Potatoes are naturally gluten-free, which makes them an excellent food choice for people with celiac disease or a non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
How do we use this product?
Potatoes can be prepared in many ways, including boiled, baked and steamed. However, frying potatoes may dramatically increase their calorie content if you use a lot of oil.
Instead, try slicing potatoes and then roasting them in the oven with a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of rosemary.
Make sure not to remove the skin of the potatoes, as most of the nutrients are located there. This will ensure you receive the maximum amount of nutrients from the potato.
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 500g
*** To ensure freshness, delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck.
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.
Other Search Terms - Potato Salad