Why do we use this product?
- Rambutan got its name from the Malay word for hair because the golf-ball-sized fruit has a hairy red and green shell. The fruit is related to the lychee and longan fruits and has a similar appearance when peeled. Its translucent white flesh has a sweet yet creamy taste and contains a seed in its middle.
- Rambutan is rich in fiber, vitamin C and copper and contains smaller amounts of other nutrients. Its peel and seed are also full of nutrients but generally considered inedible.
- Rambutan is a good source of soluble and insoluble fiber, which can prevent constipation and improve symptoms of certain gut disorders.
- Rambutan is low in calories, yet rich in water and fiber. This combination may prevent overeating and keep you feeling fuller for longer — both of which can lead to weight loss over time.
- Various compounds found in the rambutan flesh and peel may strengthen your immune system and help fight infection.
How do we use this product?
Rambutan can be consumed raw either from fresh or canned fruit. Its flesh can be used to make juice or jam and can add a pop of sweetness to many recipes, ranging from salads and curries to puddings and ice creams.
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 500g
*** To ensure freshness, delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck.
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.