Rogue Creamery Organic Cheese - La Di Da Lavender (113g)
Why do we use this product?
- Cheese is a great source of calcium, fat, and protein. It also contains high amounts of vitamins A and B-12, along with zinc, phosphorus, and riboflavin.
- Organic lavender blossoms grown in Southern Oregon are added during the cheese make process, infusing the buttery curds with earthy, floral flavors.
- Finding the perfect balance when cooking with lavender is challenging, and we like to think we hit a sweet spot with this cheddar. Many customers agree: this cheese enjoys a cult following among Rogue Valley locals!
APPEARANCE: pale yellow-white with flecks of grey and purple lavender blossoms throughout
TEXTURE: Moderately firm and sliceable, with a creamy, smooth finish
TASTE: Floral, earthy lavender flavors complement the buttery, slightly tangy notes of a classic cheddar.
- Aged a minimum of 30 days.
- Made with Organic Oregon-grown lavender blossoms .
- Hand cut and hand milled cheddar.
- USDA Certified Organic.
- Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth.
- Certified Organic hops
- Vegetarian-friendly and gluten free.
- Milk is rBST free.
- GMO-free microbial enzyme.
How do we use this product?
This cheese shines on a dessert platter, particularly alongside chocolate and honey. It also adds a unique quality to shortbreads and scones.
We most enjoy this cheese alongside sweet dessert wines such as Late Harvest Viognier or Eiswein.
SHELF LIFE: 9 months
SUGGESTED STORAGE: Keep refrigerated at 38°-40° F
Certified Organic pasteurized whole cow’s milk, Organic Oregon-grown lavender blossoms, salt, enzymes, cheese cultures
MILK TYPE: Certified Organic pasteurized cow’s milk.
Size - 113g