Rogue Creamery Organic Smokey Blue Cheese (99g)
Why do we buy this product?
- Playfully inspired by Smokey Bear, this American original is cold-smoked for many hours over Oregon hazelnut shells. This process infuses the cheese with unique aromas of barrel-aged vanilla, bread pudding, and candied bacon. You’ll taste spicy-sweet flavors of honey, apple, and nectarine, plus a mild “blue” finish.
- The world’s first smoked blue cheese
- Made by cold-smoking Oregon Blue wheels over hazelnut shells
- Cave-aged 90 days
- Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth
- Milk is rBST free
- Appearance: Pale, buttery paste with blue veining
- Texture: Creamy, buttery, and crumbly, with mild tannins
- Taste: Vanilla, bread pudding, roasted nuts, and nectarine, with mild “blue” flavor
- USDA Certified Organic, Vegan Friendly, Gluten Free,
How do we use this product?
- Elevates even the simplest of foods, such as burgers and deviled eggs. A unique addition to any cheese board, where it is best served with nut brittle or preserved fruits.
- Stands up well to bigger red wines, including Cabernet Franc and Zinfandel, as well as white wines exhibiting a hint of sweetness. A favorite pairing with American Whiskey.
Keep refrigerated at 38°– 40° F
Certified Organic pasteurized whole cow milk, salt, enzymes, cheese cultures, Penicillium Roqueforti
Size - 99g
Other Search Term - Organic Butter & Blue Cheese