Why do we use this product?
- Sayote or chayote squash is high in many nutrients — especially folate (vitamin B9) — while low in calories, carbs, and fat.
- Chayote squash provides multiple antioxidants — including vitamin C and myricetin — that fight disease and promote health.
- Various plant compounds and fiber present in chayote make it a good choice for heart health. These compounds may improve blood flow while lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Fiber and plant compounds in chayote may contribute to stabilizing blood sugar and improving insulin sensitivity.
- Chayote is an excellent source of folate, a nutrient required for proper fetal development. Therefore, the squash may have appeal for women who are pregnant or trying to become so.
- Chayote contains several antioxidants, including vitamin C, which may contribute to youthful-looking skin and reduce visible signs of aging.
- Chayote is low in calories and high in fiber, which can aid weight loss and maintenance by helping you feel fuller for longer.
- Flavonoids and fiber in chayote boost various functions of your digestive tract, including healthy gut bacteria and bowel regularity.
How do we use this product?
Although botanically classified as fruits, chayote squashes are prepared like vegetables. Every part of the squash can be eaten, including its skin, flesh, and seeds. You can consume it raw or cooked.
When served raw, it makes a great addition to smoothies, slaws, and salads. Alternatively, it’s easily steamed, roasted, or fried. You could even consider adding it to soups, stews, and casseroles for an extra boost of nutrition.
Sayote (Chayote Squash)
Size - 300g
*** To ensure freshness, delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck.
*** Minimum order for fruits and vegetables is Php 1,300.
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.