Tamarind Imported (500grams)
Why do we use this product?
- Tamarind is a type of tropical fruit used in many dishes around the world.
- The tree produces bean-like pods filled with seeds surrounded by a fibrous pulp.
- The polyphenols in tamarind have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- These can protect against diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- Tamarind is a hardwood tree, known scientifically as Tamarindus indica.
- Gluten Free.
- Vegan Friendly.
How do we use this product?
Because of its sour taste, whatever recipe you are making will need sugar or some kind of sweetener; when combined with sugar, tamarind gives dishes a beautiful but subtle, sweet-sour flavor.
Tamarind paste is used in many Asian dishes, including noodle recipes, curries, sauces, and soups. It can also be mixed into uncooked dips and chutneys. It is ideal in a marinade since its acidic quality helps to tenderize the meat. Tamarind paste is also found in recipes for desserts, candies, cocktails, and other beverages.
Size - 500g
Other Search Terms: Sampaloc