Tomato Native (500grams)
Why do we use this product?
- No kitchen in the Philippines is complete without a generous supply of ‘Kamatis Tagalog’! For decades, native tomato has been a staple of Filipino food, enjoyed as part of a main dish or on its own with salted egg and onions. In addition, the juice from native tomatoes can be used to stimulate the digestive system and provide relief for conditions such as asthma, liver problems, and dyspepsia.
- Tomatoes are the major dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Fresh tomatoes are low in carbs. The carb content consists mainly of simple sugars and insoluble fibers. These fruits are mostly made up of water.
- Tomatoes are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K, and folate.
- Lycopene is one of the most abundant plant compounds in tomatoes.
- Studies show that tomatoes and tomato products may reduce your risk of heart disease and several cancers. This fruit is also beneficial for skin health, as it may protect against sunburns.
How do we use this product?
A few simple ways to include more tomatoes in your diet are:
- Add a slice of tomato on top of your toast at breakfast or add salsa to an egg burrito
- Enjoy a salad with the many varieties of available tomatoes. A favorite salad is a Caprese salad. This is made with sliced tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella cheese, basil, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to your taste. You can also enjoy it as bruschetta. This is made with chopped tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Top this on toast or crackers.
- Soup? Try tomato soup or add chopped/pureed tomato to any soup/stew
- Sauce- enjoy a tomato-rich version of pasta sauce
- Enjoy tomato juice (low sodium)
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 500g
*** To ensure freshness, delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck.
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.
Other Search Terms - Gluten-free Pizza