Down to Earth Beef Bacon - Uncured (250g)
Why do we use this product?
- Premium-quality organic meat
- Animals are raised on grass and pasture and have never been fed antibiotics, growth-inducing hormones, GMO feed or animal by-products.
- Perfect cow breed for Philippine conditions - thriving here for nearly 500 years; adapted to our climate and love our local grass
- Raised using Biodynamic Agriculture - goes beyond organic farming. The most sustainable form of agriculture.
- Animals are treated humanely; they are never castrated, dehorned, caged, or confined, but freely graze outdoors
- Farmed organically in Mindanao
- The cut to make beef bacon is the short plate. Situated underneath the short ribs and between the flank and brisket — basically it's the belly or pastrami cut. It's beautifully marbled with fat and thick meaty strips similar to brisket
How do we use this product?
BAKE: Line the baking sheet pan with foil, making sure it covers up the sides. Evenly space the bacon apart. Be careful not to overlap so that the protein is consistently cooked and doesn’t stick together. Bake at 375°F (191°C) for 15 minutes, then carefully flip over and cook until the bacon is fully cooked, golden in color and crisp, about 5 minutes depending on the thickness. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain the excess bacon grease.
PAN-FRY: Pull out the bacon from the fridge 15 to 20 minutes before cooking. At room temperature, bacon just cooks up better (just like steak). Don't preheat the skillet. Lay out the bacon strips without overlapping in a cold pan. This helps the fat render slowly, for consistently cooked strips. Cook over medium heat. Turn the strips as needed until they reach the desired crispness, 8 to 12 minutes. Drain well on a paper-towel-lined platter.
Size - 250g
Other Search Terms - Carbonara, Gluten-Free Pizza