Watermelon Black Beauty (2kg per piece)
Why do we use this product?
- Watermelons are juicy, tasty, and above all delicious! One slice of our Black Beauty Watermelons is rich in essential vitamins and antioxidants that regulate your blood pressure and keep your body healthy.
- Watermelon is low in calories and fiber and consists mostly of water and simple sugars.
- Watermelon is a good source of vitamin C and contains decent amounts of potassium, copper, vitamin B5, and vitamin A (from beta carotene).
- Watermelon is a good source of the amino acid citrulline and the antioxidant lycopene, which play important roles in your body.
- Watermelon may reduce blood pressure and insulin resistance in some people. It is also linked to reduced muscle soreness after exercise.
How do we use this product?
Though fresh is the most common way to enjoy the fruit, watermelon actually tastes quite sweet when it's cooked and paired with other cooked ingredients. Brush thick watermelon slices with olive oil and grill them for a few minutes on each side. The cooked watermelon will have a smoky and sweet flavor that complements grilled chicken or pork chops. Make watermelon salsa to top chicken or fish tacos. Dice grilled watermelon and combine it with minced jalapenos, red onions and a squirt of fresh lime juice. Stir in a bit of cayenne pepper for added spice.
The natural sweetness of watermelon can enhance a dessert and help you create the perfect ending to your meal without going overboard on sugar.
Watermelon Black Beauty
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 2kg per piece
*** To ensure freshness, delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck.
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.