Why do we use this product?
- Zucchini is a versatile squash rich in vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds.
- Zucchini contains a variety of vitamins, minerals, and beneficial plant compounds. Cooked zucchini is particularly high in vitamin A, though raw zucchini contains slightly less.
- Zucchini boasts several antioxidants that may provide various health benefits. The highest levels are found in the fruit’s skin.
- Zucchini is rich in water and fiber, two compounds which can promote healthy digestion by reducing your risk of constipation and symptoms of various gut disorders.
- Zucchini’s fiber may increase insulin sensitivity and stabilize blood sugar levels, potentially reducing your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- The fiber, potassium, and carotenoids in zucchini may lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and other risk factors for heart disease.
- Zucchini is rich in manganese, lutein, zeaxanthin, and vitamins A and C — nutrients which contribute to healthy vision and may lower your risk of age-related eye conditions.
- Zucchini is rich in water and fiber yet low in calories, all of which may help reduce hunger and help you feel full — potentially leading to weight loss over time.
How do we use this product?
Zucchini is incredibly versatile and can be eaten raw or cooked. Here are some ways to incorporate it into your meals:
- Add it raw to salads.
- Stew it with other summer fruits and vegetables to make ratatouille.
- Stuff with rice, lentils, or other vegetables, then bake it.
- For a mild stir-fry, add olive oil and sauté it.
- Boil it, then blend it into soups.
- Serve it as a side, grilled or sautéed with a little garlic and oil.
- Try it breaded and fried.
- Spiralize it into spaghetti- or linguine-like noodles, or slice it to replace lasagna sheets.
- Bake it into breads, pancakes, muffins, or cakes.
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 300g
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.