Why do we use this product?
- Internationally recognized as a ‘bitter melon’, ampalaya has been highly regarded for its medicinal properties for generations. Regular servings can protect the liver and stimulate the production of insulin, making it a highly sought after cure for diabetics.
- Bitter melon is a good source of nutrients like fiber, vitamin C, folate and vitamin A.
How do we use this product?
Bitter melon can be enjoyed raw or cooked in various recipes. In fact, it can be pan-fried, steamed, baked, or even hollowed out and stuffed with your choice of fillings.
Here are a few interesting ways to add bitter melon to your diet:
- Juice bitter melon along with a few other fruits and vegetables for a nutrient-packed beverage.
- Mix bitter melon into your next stir-fry to bump up the health benefits.
- Sauté bitter melon alongside tomatoes, garlic, and onions and add to scrambled eggs.
- Combine seedless bitter melon with your choice of dressing and garnish for a savory salad.
- Stuff with ground meat and vegetables and serve with a black bean sauce.
Ampalaya (Bitter Melon)
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 500g
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.