Banana Heart (500grams)
Why do we use this product?
- Banana flower has outstanding medicinal properties, also known as a banana blossom or banana heart. It has a potent nutritional profile. Banana flower is packed with essential minerals such as phosphorous, calcium, potassium, copper, magnesium and iron, vital for several bodily functions.
- Banana flower seems to be very effective in treating infections in natural ways. The extract in banana flower has ethanol which prevents the growth of pathogenic bacteria.
- Cooked banana flowers can help deal with pain abdomen and reduces the menstrual bleeding. Consumed along with curd or yoghurt, these flowers increase the progesterone hormone in the body and reduce bleeding.
- According to the study published in the Journal of Food and Agriculture, banana flower extracts promoted glucose uptake, which in turn reduces blood sugar levels.
- Banana flower contains magnesium, reduces anxiety and boosts the mood. They act as natural antidepressants.
- Banana flower contains phenolic acids, tannins, flavonoids and various other antioxidants. These antioxidants neutralize free radicals, prevent oxidative damage, and reduces the risk of heart diseases and cancer.
- Banana flower, a galactagogues vegetable, increases the breast milk secretion for the lactating mothers. It also helps to support the uterus and reduces bleeding post-delivery.
- Banana flower, rich in vitamin C and a potent source of antioxidants, is very vital for health because they reduce stress on cells and slow down the ageing process.
- The myriad of nutrients presents in banana flower stimulates healthy functioning of the kidneys. Adding young banana flower in the diet works as a natural remedy for dissolving painful kidney stones and averts the risk of inflammation and urinary problems.
- The richness of iron in banana flowers can remarkably pump iron stores and improves symptoms associated with anemia such as fatigue, tiredness, irregular heartbeat, pale skin, cold feet and hands. Regular addition of banana flower in the meal increases the levels of red blood cells and combats iron deficiency anemia.
- Banana flower is an alkaline food which effectively neutralizes the stomach acid secretions and offers respite from indigestion, ulcers and pain. Apart from this, high on dietary fiber and other vital nutrients banana flowers work as a natural laxative and regularize bowel functions and treat constipation.
How do we use this product?
Banana flowers can also be used in soups or sliced and added to stir-fries. Banana flowers, like greens or any other delicate produce, will cook quickly and lose quite a bit of volume in the process. You can also steam them, peel them apart like artichokes, and serve them with dips.
Size - 500g