Banana Saba (2kg per hand)
Why do we use this product?
- This fatter and stubbier banana is of the ‘cooking’ sort, with a firmer, generally less sweet character compared to other dessert bananas. Subjecting it to heat gets it satisfyingly starchy, not unlike a chewier potato—although depending on the stage of ripeness pre-cooking, it can be sweet and tangy as well, especially toward the center. But Saba can also be taken raw when very ripe—it has a sweet, tangy, aromatic flavor and moist, sticky interior while retaining its meaty, leathery chewiness on the outside.
- Bananas are extremely healthy and delicious. They contain several essential nutrients and provide benefits for digestion, heart health and weight loss. Aside from being very nutritious, they are also a highly convenient snack food.
- Bananas are rich in fiber, antioxidants and several nutrients. A medium-sized banana has about 105 calories.
- Bananas can help moderate blood sugar levels after meals and may reduce appetite by slowing stomach emptying.
- Bananas are fairly rich in fiber and resistant starch, which may feed your friendly gut bacteria.
- Bananas may aid weight loss because they’re low in calories and high in nutrients and fiber.
- Bananas are a good dietary source of potassium and magnesium — two nutrients that are essential for heart health.
- Bananas are high in several antioxidants, which may help reduce damage from free radicals and lower your risk of some diseases.
- Depending on ripeness, bananas harbor high amounts of resistant starch or pectin. Both may reduce appetite and help keep you full.
- Eating a banana several times a week may reduce your risk of kidney disease by up to 50%.
- Bananas may help relieve muscle cramps caused by exercise. They also provide excellent fuel for endurance exercise.
- Bananas make an excellent snack food, dessert or breakfast. Their versatility makes them easy to add to your diet.
How do we use this product?
This is mainly used for cooking. Also, it’s responsible for your favorite noontime snacks such as turon, banana cue, and maruya or banana fritters. Similarly, saba can also be used to create banana ketchup or even nilagang baboy.
Size - 2kg per hand
*** To ensure freshness delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck
*** Minimum order for fruits and vegetables is 1300php.
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.