Gabi Chinese Taro (450grams)
Why do we use this product?
- Gabi (Taro root) has such a unique and sweet flavor that has made a go-to choice for snacks, deserts and just about anything you can cook. But what makes gabi so perfect is its nutritional properties- it aids in digestion, reduces fatigue, and boosts immunity. It’s the plant that keeps on giving!
- Taro root is a good source of fiber and many vitamins and minerals.
- Taro root contains fiber and resistant starch, which both slow digestion and reduce blood sugar spikes after meals.
- Taro root is high in fiber and resistant starch, which help lower cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Due to its high fiber and resistant starch content, taro root may increase feelings of fullness, reduce overall calorie intake and increase fat burning, potentially leading to weight loss and reduced body fat.
- The fiber and resistant starch in taro root are fermented by gut bacteria to form short-chain fatty acids, which may protect against colon cancer and inflammatory bowel disease.
How do we use this product?
Taro root has a smooth, starchy texture and mildly sweet taste. It can be cooked and enjoyed in both sweet and savory dishes.
Gabi (Chinese Taro)
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 450g