Grand Muscovado Organic Muscovado Sugar (500g)
Why do we use this product?
- A healthy alternative to refined sugar.
- Our products retain all nutrients from sugarcane, such as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants because the cane juice is not submitted to separation by centrifugation and bleaching as most other crystallized refined sugars making it a healthy alternative sweetener.
- Taken from “value chain analysis of Muscovado sugar” Dept. of Agriculture Philippine rural development project: Muscovado is completely free from any harmful chemicals, such as phosphoric acid, formic acid, sulfur dioxide, preservatives, or any flocculants, bleaching agents or viscosity modifiers which are used in refined sugar thus considered to be the healthy sugar.
- Our sugar cane is farmed in Negros Oriental, Philippines, which, arguably, produces the best sugar canes in the country.
- We are the trusted supplier of top companies in health and food industry globally – in Korea, Japan, Australia, Canada, UK and the US.
- 100% Chemical Free.
- 100% Pesticide Free.
- USDA Certified Organic.
How do we use this product?
Use in place of refined sugar. The rich toffee-like flavor and burnt undertones of muscovado pair well with darker baked goods and savory dishes.
Some popular uses for muscovado sugar include:
- Barbeque sauce. Use muscovado sugar instead of brown sugar to enhance the smoky flavor.
- Chocolate baked goods. Use muscovado in brownies or chocolate cookies.
- Coffee. Stir it into hot coffee or a complex sweetness that pairs well with the beverage’s bitter taste.
- Gingerbread. Swap brown sugar with muscovado to create an even stronger molasses flavor.
- Glazes. Muscovado adds a wonderful toffee flavor to glazes used on meats.
- Ice cream. Use muscovado sugar to create a bittersweet caramelized taste.
- Marinades. Mix muscovado sugar with olive oil, acid, herbs, and spices to marinate meat before grilling or roasting.
- Oatmeal. Sprinkle it on warm oatmealwith nuts and fruit for a rich flavor.
- Popcorn. Toss warm popcorn with butter or coconut oil and muscovado for a salty-smoky-sweet treat.
- Salad dressing. Use muscovado sugar to add a caramel-like sweetness to dressings.
- Toffee or caramel. Muscovado creates deep molasses-flavored confections.
Organic Sugar Cane.
Size - 500g