Healthy Choice Organic White Quinoa (1kg)
Why do we use this product?
- Naturally gluten-free and very nutritious
- Excellent source of plant-based complete protein
- Rich in other essential nutrients such as ALA Omega-3, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and insurable fiber
- Promotes a healthy digestive system
- Provides volume to the diet and makes us feel full without adding any extra calories.
- High in antioxidants
- Helps prevent cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, diabetes and the reduction of inflammation, a risk factor for chronic diseases.
- Certified Organic, Gluten-free
How do we use this product?
1. Rinse the quinoa. Place the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer. Rinse thoroughly under cool, running water. Rub and swish the quinoa with your hand while rinsing. Drain.
2. Toast the quinoa in a saucepan. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the drained quinoa and cook, stirring constantly, to let the water evaporate and toast the quinoa, about 2 minutes.
3. Add liquid and bring to a boil. Stir in the water or broth and the salt. Bring to a rolling boil.
4. Lower heat and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn the heat down to the lowest setting. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove the pot from heat and let stand for 5 more minutes, covered.
6. Fluff and eat! Uncover — You should see tiny spirals (the germ) separating from and curling around the quinoa seeds. Fluff the quinoa gently with a fork and serve. If any liquid remains in the bottom of the pan or if the quinoa is still a bit crunchy, return the pot to low heat and cook, covered, for another 5 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed.
Certified Organic White Quinoa
Size - 1 kg
Other Search Terms - chicken and quinoa salad, Gluten-free and Vegan Pesto Quinoa Rice Pasta, Andean Foods