Papaya Green (500grams)
Why do we use this product?
- Papayas are some of the most delicious and nutritious fruits you can find anywhere. Green papaya is loaded with vitamins, nutrients, and amino acids. Whether it’s eaten on its own or paired with salad, green papayas stimulate digestion, eases constipation, and ease nausea.
- The papaya is a tropical fruit high in vitamins C and A, as well as fiber and healthy plant compounds. It also contains an enzyme called papain, used to tenderize meat.
- Papaya has powerful antioxidant effects, which may reduce oxidative stress and lower your risk of several diseases.
- Early research suggests that the antioxidants in papaya may reduce cancer risk and perhaps even slow cancer progression.
- Papaya’s high vitamin C and lycopene content can improve heart health and may reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Chronic inflammation is at the root of many diseases. Papayas are very high in carotenoids that can reduce inflammation.
- Papaya has been shown to improve constipation and other symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. The seeds and other parts of the plant have also been used to treat ulcers.
- The powerful antioxidants in papaya can help your skin recover from sun damage and may defend against wrinkling.
How do we use this product?
Green papaya are most often used in savory dishes, as they have little of the tropical sweetness associated with ripe Hawaiian or Mexican papaya. Grated into salads it has a crunchy, cucumber-like texture and mild flavor.
Season green papaya with cinnamon, honey, and butter. Bake for a delightfully different side dish. Cut in papaya half, sprinkle with or lemon juice, port or rum, and a sprinkling of sugar for a quick, fresh fruit dessert.
Green papaya can be cut into cubes and steamed for 5-7 minutes or cooked on stove top with some water or pressure cooked for one whistle.
Size - 500g
*** To ensure freshness, delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck
*** Minimum order for fruits and vegetables is Php 1,300.
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.