Pechay Baguio (400grams)
Why do we use this product?
- Known in the west as a “Napa Cabage”, Pechay Baguio is popular with nutritionists since 100g carries only 16 calories and is packed with a number of antioxidants and essential vitamins that rejuvenate the body.
- Cabbage is a low-calorie vegetable that is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Cabbage contains powerful antioxidants that may help reduce inflammation.
- Your body needs vitamin C for many important functions, and it is a potent antioxidant. Red cabbage is particularly high in this nutrient, providing about 85% of the RDI per cup (89 grams).
- Cabbage contains insoluble fiber, which keeps the digestive system healthy by providing fuel for friendly bacteria and promoting regular bowel movements.
- Cabbage contains powerful pigments called anthocyanins, which have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Potassium helps keep blood pressure within a healthy range. Increasing your intake of potassium-rich foods like cabbage may help lower high blood pressure levels.
- Cabbage is a good source of soluble fiber and plant sterols. These substances have been shown to reduce LDL cholesterol.
- Vitamin K is critical for blood clotting. Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin K1, with 85% of the RDI in 1 cup (89 grams).
How do we use this product?
Cabbage is a versatile veggie that’s easy to incorporate into your diet. You can use it to make many different dishes, including salads, stews, soups, slaws and sauerkraut.
Pechay Baguio (Napa Cabbage)
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 400g
*** To ensure freshness, delivery will be made via refrigerated van/truck.
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.