Why do we use this product?
- Radishes are crunchy, tasty, and can be used in a number of ways. But did you know that it’s rich in fiber, rivoflavin, and pattsium! A favorite of the ancient Chinese, Romans, and Egyptians, radishes can help clear your skin, prevent the development of kidney stones, and clear the intestines from harmful bacteria!
- A 1/2-cup serving of sliced radishes contains about 12 calories and virtually no fat, so they won’t sabotage your healthy diet. They are the perfect crunchy snack when the munchies strike.
- Radishes are a good source of vitamin C. Just 1/2 cup offers about 14 percent of your recommended daily allowance. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps battle free radicals in your body and helps prevent cell damage caused by aging, an unhealthy lifestyle, and environmental toxins. Vitamin C also plays a key role in collagen production, which supports healthy skin and blood vessels.
- A 1/2-cup serving of radishes gives you 1 gram of fiber. Eating a couple servings each day helps you reach your daily fiber intake goal. Fiber helps prevent constipation. Fiber also may help you manage blood sugar levels, and has been linked to weight loss and lower cholesterol.
- Radishes are a natural antifungal.
How do we use this product?
The zesty flavor of radishes lends itself well to many recipes. Here are some ways to incorporate radishes into your diet:
- Add thin radish slices to sandwiches.
- Make a radish dip by pulsing 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup chopped radishes, one minced garlic clove, and a splash of red wine vinegar in a food processor until smooth.
- Add a few grated radishes to your favorite slaw.
- Give tuna salad or chicken salad pep and crunch by adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of chopped radishes.
- Coarsely chopped radishes give tacos zesty crunch.
- Top your steak or burger with grilled radish slices.
- Use radishes as a healthy crudité for dips.
- Pickle them like you would cucumbers.
When preparing radishes, don’t toss the green parts. Radish greens are delicious and healthy. They are flavorful in salads or sautéed in a bit of olive oil and garlic. You can also mix them with other greens such as mustard greens, turnip greens, kale, and spinach.
Conventionally grown, not organic. We recommend ozonating.
Size - 500g
*** Delivery is available in selected barangays of Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Makati, Pasay, Quezon City, Paranaque and Manila only.
Other Search Terms - Radish Cake