Sourced Fish Salmon Fillet
Why do we use this product?
- Our salmon is raised by a family-owned farm that has been growing fish in the fjords of Norway for more than 20 years. The farm pioneered new approaches to mitigate negative effects of salmon farming by introducing cleaner fish to control sea-lice, achieved organic certification, and went on to become the world‘s first salmon farm recognized by the Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC).
- In order to preserve freshness, our Atlantic Salmon is quick frozen at temperatures of -40°C and sealed in tight vacuum packs immediately after being harvested and processed. The result is a high quality product that does not lose weight upon defrosting and maintains the essential fatty acids and fresh taste of salmon, preventing oxidation and rancidity during storage.
- Premium Sashimi Grade; versatile as sushi or sashimi as well as in various cooking preparations
- Our Atlantic Salmon contains large amounts of essential Omega-3 fatty acids and natural antioxidants such as Vitamin E. These are essential for the proper development of our nervous systems and they are considered effective in preventing heart and other cardiovascular disease.
- Salmon is a great source of protein, potassium and selenium.
- Salmon is an excellent source of several B vitamins, which are needed for energy production, controlling inflammation and protecting heart and brain health.
- Consuming salmon may help you control your weight by reducing appetite, boosting metabolic rate, increasing insulin sensitivity and decreasing belly fat.
- Salmon and other fatty fish can help lower inflammation, which may reduce risk factors for several diseases and improve symptoms in people with inflammatory conditions.
How do we use this product?
They can be fried, baked, broiled, sautéed, poached and can even be served as sashimi.
PAN-SEAR: Simply season it with salt, pepper and Culinary Coconut Oil on a hot skillet over medium-high flames. Start skin-side up in the hot skillet. Let it sizzle for about 5 or 6 minutes. Then slip a wide spatula underneath, turn it, and cook skin-side down for about 3 minutes. A little squeeze of lemon to finish the dish.
BAKE: Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper and place on top of lemon slices. In a small bowl, whisk together butter, honey, garlic, thyme, and oregano. Pour over salmon then fold up foil around the salmon. Bake until the salmon is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Switch the oven to broil, and broil for 2 minutes, or until the butter mixture has thickened. Garnish with parsley before serving.
POACH: Sprinkle the salmon fillets with a little salt. Put the wine, water, dill, parsley and shallots or onions in a sauté pan, and bring to a simmer on medium heat. Place salmon fillets, skin-side down on the pan. Cover. Cook 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet, or to desired doneness. Do not overcook.
Size - From 1.30kg
Other Search Terms - fish, Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa, fish nuggets, viand