Why do we use this product?
- Ube or Yams (Dioscorea) are a type of tuber vegetable often mistaken for sweet potatoes. However, yams are less sweet and more starchy. They have a distinct brown, bark-like exterior.
- Yams are packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They’re particularly rich in potassium, manganese, copper, and vitamin C.
- Yams contain a unique compound called diosgenin, which may enhance memory and brain function.
How do we use this product?
These delicious tubers can be baked, boiled, steamed, roasted, fried, and pan-cooked. Yams can be enjoyed with or without the skin and used in both sweet and savory dishes.
Here are some ways to enjoy yams:
- Yam fries. Cut yams into wedges, add seasonings, and bake or fry them.
- Purée. Boil the tubers until soft, place in a blender, purée, and season them.
- Yam chips. Thinly slice peeled yams and bake or fry them.
- Mashed yams. Peel, boil, and mash your yams, then add milk and seasonings.
- Baked yams. Bake cubed yams until tender.
- Cheesy yam gratin. Thinly slice peeled yams and bake them with cheese and seasonings.
- Yam hash. Peel, dice, season, and then cook your yams in a pan.
- Add into baked goods. Use yam purée to add moisture to breads and muffins.
Adding different seasonings to your yam dishes, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, oregano, or thyme, can diversify sweet and savory dishes.
Ube (Purple Yam).
Size - 1kg